Bilingual Parent Advisory Committee (BPAC)
The purpose of the BPAC is to create a community that works together to establish the best learning collaboration possible. BPAC will help staff, parents, and the community to advocate for our students that may speak another language other than English.
To be an organization that represents all our ELL students in Franklin Park School District 84 to develop the linguistic, cognitive, and cultural and self-concepts skills necessary to become lifelong learners and productive citizens who can meet the challenges our our diverse society.
Objectives of the BPAC Team:
- Establish a clear and collaborative voice between the bilingual community of the TBE/TPI ELL Program and the Franklin Park School District.
- Promote and encourage respectful parental participation in educational academic programs for our children.
- Promote parent training so they can support their children with school work.
- Conduct a bilingual program network that promotes and support cultural events.
- Collaborate with other parent organizations (PTO) or school teams in supporting students.
The Committee Shall:
- Meet at least four times per year.
- Determine, plan, and manage activities and duties in regards to the committee including the election of officers and the establishment of the committee's rules, guidelines, procedures, keep minutes, recruit other parents and etc.
- Participate and assist in the organization of workshops for parents about bilingual education, effective parenting.
- Be a liaison between the school district, the parents, and the community.
- Review the TBE/TPI Program and offer suggestion to better serve students.
ISBE 23 Article 228.30 of Illinois School Code states:
"Each district or cooperative shall establish a parent advisory committee consisting of:
- Parents/Legal Guardians
- ELL Teachers
- Community Leaders
This committee participates in the planning, operation, and evaluation of programs. The majority of committee members shall be parents or legal guardians of students enrolled in these programs."
If interested in joining your school's BPAC contact:
|Pietrini Elementary School||Passow Elementary School||North Elementary School||Hester Jr. High School|
and Mr. Arambula
|Mr. Garay and Paulina Barakos||Ms. Barron||Ms. Silva|
Translating Communications (English/Española/Polskie)