2020-2021 Hotspot Application
No-cost Home/Off-campus Internet for Students
Franklin Park District 84
2020-2021 T-Mobile EmpowerED Program Information & Application
District 84 is pleased to announce we will continue providing no-cost internet access to students who are able to demonstrate need next school year through the T-mobile Empower Ed program. Our aim with this program is to ensure all students have equal access to the tools and information they need in order to succeed academically and compete in today’s digital world.
Students who qualify will receive a T-Mobile wireless hotspot with data plan to access the internet any time and place outside of school. Hotspots are small devices, about the size of a mobile phone, that use cellular data to connect student Chromebooks to the internet wirelessly. The no-cost data plan includes 2GB of high-speed data, followed by data at reduced speeds up to 128kbps.
- District 84 issued student Chromebooks are the only type of device able to connect to the internet via the hotspot.
- Hotspots are the property of District 84 and must be returned prior to summer break.
- Students are protected by two layers of content filtering, which helps to prevent them from accessing inappropriate content.
- Loss of or damage to the hotspot will result in a $72 replacement fee.
- Applications must be completed and returned to the school’s office by Friday, August 7, 2020 between 8am -3pm.
In order to qualify you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- No internet access at home.
- Slow or unreliable internet access at home.
- Student travels between homes or after school care/programming where no reliable internet access is available.
Please complete one application for each student entering grades K-8 in your household. If you have any questions regarding this program, you may contact the technology department, at 847-455-4230, ext. 398