If you are having issues connecting to a Zoom meeting, here are a few suggestions.
- If a family is using a personal device (not district issued) then you can go to Zoom to update the Zoom Client. You can choose to by pass the need for the client altogether and join via your browser, here is a YouTube video on how to do that.
- Please be aware that if the student device has been off all summer, they will need to update. The update will occur automatically, however, you can expedite the update process by following the steps below:
- Turn on your Chromebook.
- Connect your Chromebook to Wi-Fi.
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings .
- At the bottom of the left panel, select About Chrome OS.
- Under "Google Chrome OS," you'll find which version of the Chrome operating system your Chromebook uses.
- Select Check for updates.
- If your Chromebook finds a software update, it will start to download automatically.
- Here is a link to an interactive tutorial that shows steps 1 - 8.
Note: If your Chromebook uses your phone's internet connection or its own mobile data, you'll get an alert about how much mobile data it needs to update. You can then stop or continue with the update.
If you continue to experience issues connecting to Zoom, contact the Technology Department at 847-455-3980.